Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The End


Although it has only been about two months since I've written, I decided now is the time to catch up. But, unfortunately, I am too depressed and preoccupied.


The Yankees LOST. They're out. Finuto. What kind of world do we live in that Boston makes it and the New York Yankees do not. The thing is, it's not like they didn't play well. They played real well, especially the last half of the season. They got their pitchers together, they were hitting well. Whatever. Alex Rodriguez and Bobby Abreau are on my list, because I think they lost it. Ok, Derek made a few mistakes too, but he can't be blamed.


Oh well. Good thing I have a week to get over it since school is on Fall Break til next monday. Of course, I had thought I would get to use this week to watch baseball, but now, I don't know if I have the heart to watch. I might actually have to study, and that's no fun.


Fortunately, I think the rest of the semester will not be too bad. It's been rough, mostly because I am SO TIRED ALL THE TIME. I'm pretty sure I have sleep apnea except I don't snore, and laryngoesophageal reflux, except I don't cough all the time. I have the HARDEST time staying awake and I have tried everything. I don't know what to do. Other than that, I'm just tired of studying all the time and miss watching stupid tv shows (and sleeping, and cleaning the house, etc). I was until a couple of weeks ago being pretty good about running everyday (or most days) after class. This last week before the break we had 3 tests (yay!) as opposed to the one test we've had weekly. And, it kind of kicked my @$$. Good thing I've gotten above 95 on all my other tests because the last therapeutics test (pharmacology) I'm still hoping and agonizing over if I even passed. Good thing that is the one class we have more than one test in. I even did well in Peds! And I hate peds (but not as much as OB!) Kind of like watching the Yankees :( I think I have some type of dyslexic disorder (in addition to those listed above) because I get names confused. Don't worry, future patients, because I DO know exactly where to find things, like names of meds and dosages. That's what they keep telling us they want us to learn is know where to look things up, and I do! So really, why test us on anything? I know exactly where in my notes I have listed all the things I can't remember on a test. But, I won't ever accidently write "amoxetine" as the generic name for "norvasc", even though I wrote it just to get extra points (yeah right) for knowing generic and trade name; incidently, they are in fact not the same drug! Weird. Oh well. It will all change in two years anyway, right?


OK, well we'll see how depressed I continue to be the rest of the week to see if I can bear writing anything else (maybe something interesting). Thanks Marny and all my good buddies, and yes, my spouse, for loving the fact that my boys lost, and I am devastated. And I don't want to hear about the yanks' payroll again!!!

2 comments:

gillian said...

Well, clarissa, I really like you but I don't like the yankees.

Marissa said...

I guess I'll have to remember that if you ever treat us, to make sure you have a reference book nearby. :)